Monday, January 14, 2013

Condemnation Vs. Conviction


Condemnation versus Conviction

 A lot of believers hear condemning thoughts, and some believers even think it's God telling them these things. My friend, nothing could be further from the truth! God NEVER tells you what a loser you are. Jesus said He came not to condemn the world, but to save it (John 12:47)!

What is condemnation?
Condemnation comes from Satan and is meant to tear you down. Condemnation continually points out what a failure you are, and how badly you've messed up. Condemnation is showing you the problem, but avoiding the solution.
Jesus did NOT come to condemn the world (John 12:47). There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). Satan on the other hand is KNOWN for accusing the brethren (Rev 12:10).
Why won't you ever hear God telling you what a failure you are? Because Jesus said, "I came not to judge the world, but to save the world." (John 12:47)

What is conviction?
Conviction is known in the Bible as Godly sorrow. God's Word tells us that Godly sorrow is what leads us to repentance (Romans 2:4). Condemnation tells you, "You are such a failure! Look at what you did!" while conviction tells you, "Come to me... and I will forgive you!"
Not only is God willing to forgive your sins, but He longs (deeply desires) to do so! Isaiah 30:18, "Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you, And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the LORD is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him." (NASB)
1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness."
Romans 2:4, "Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?"
Conviction shows you the answer to your problem. Conviction shows you the blood of Jesus that wipes away your sins.

What is the difference?
Conviction shows you the answer (the Blood of Jesus, which washes away sin), while condemnation shows you the problem (the sin, the past and your failures). Condemnation shows you the problem, but conviction shows you the answer.
Condemnation shouts, "Your past! Your sins! You loser!" But conviction shouts, "The Blood of Jesus washes away sins. Come to Jesus and be forgiven of your sins. You can be forgiven. Your sins and past don't have to be a part of you anymore."

Understanding the nature of God's forgiveness
It's so important to understand the nature of God's forgiveness and His desire to wash us clean from our pasts. The Forgiveness of Sins is a great teaching that will show you the nature of God's forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. Very good. I recently experinced an issue that I felt I was being condemned. Amost as recent as, this last week.

    I as a christian make mistakes. I think we all do. Its part of being human. I say things and may'be do things that are pleasing to God. This last Wednesday I said something that was unpleasing. I was having lunch with a fellow co worker and we were chatting. One gentleman whom I work with. This gentleman said something pretty disgusting. I mean this is something that I wouldn't even say at lunch. I was in disbelief. I shook my head and accidently took the Lord's name in vain.

    I felt bad about. I talked to God about and said how sorry I am for letting him down in that nature and please forgive for this sin. I feel he has. But satan is playing with me.

    This gentleman told me "I wouldn't be saying that with a man of your standards." He knows I'm a christian. Come to find out he is too. We got to talking about churches. He doesn't go he told me. Remind you, this conversation happened Wednesday.

    Yesterday (Friday) we were on break. We were talking about weekend plans. This same guy was saying he has to preach at his church. Come to find out he's a youth pastor at his church. I was put in shock. Never would have thought of him being a pastor.

    I guess I am worried about the issue still. Which is the devil playing games. He is saying, "Mark, God won't forgive. You commited a huge sin and your mine now!!!!!"

    I talked to my fiancee who is a christian as well and another gentleman who I know who is a christian. They told me talk to God. Don't let it get to you like it is. That is exactly what this guy is doing, is push your buttons and make you feel ashamed till the day you pass.

    God is telling me. "Mark my friend, I am your true judge. I want to help you. Condfess your wrong doing and I will forgive that sin. Don't let it build up like it is. Be calm."

    But, there is satan. Right back. Its like hearing an arguement between two people, but in your head.

    But yeah thats my issue. But always think too, God will forgive me.

    ReplyDelete